Looking for a Used Car in Cedar Rapids?
These days you can find a used car in newspapers, magazines, or through a variety of websites. At McGrath Kia near Cedar Rapids, you have a great selection of new and used vehicles that you can browse online. But whether you’re looking for a sedan, coupe, SUV, or minivan there are a few important things to consider before you make the plunge and purchase your used vehicle
Let’s Do Some Research!
Doing your research beforehand helps you determine exactly what you’re looking for in a used car, and what you should expect to pay for it. Check Kelley Blue Book for the most up-to-date information on new and used car values, in-depth reviews, and award winning models. If the car of your dreams is selling for an unbelievably low price, then it might be too good to be true. Follow these tips to sniff out the lemons and ride away happy.
- Get to know your seller. Find out whether they are certified and knowledgeable about the make and model you’re interested in buying.
- Ask about the dealer’s return policy and get it in writing, signed and dated.
- Ask if the dealer offers a warranty if the vehicle is no longer covered by the factory warranty. Reliable dealers who are confident in their products will usually make a reasonable offer based on the mileage and condition of the vehicle.
- Find out what documents you need in order to register your vehicle. These can vary from state to state so check your state’s motor vehicle department.
- Ask about the vehicle’s history. Ask the seller about past owners, how the vehicle was used, and whether it was serviced regularly.
- Make sure the odometer reading is accurate. Use the VIN number to verify this with a vehicle history report database and find out other important information such as salvage titles or similar classifications.
- Have a trusted mechanic inspect the vehicle. The integrity of the engine, frame, tires, air bags, undercarriage, and other safety features is essential.
- Ask the seller to agree beforehand that if the car passes inspection you will pay for it, but if it does not pass the seller will cover the cost of the inspection and perform any necessary repairs before you agree to purchase it.
Now That You’re an Expert…
Come on down to McGrath Kia in Hiawatha. We’ll help you find the perfect vehicle to suit your needs. Our team of professional service technicians can provide regular maintenance and repairs, or help you find the right parts and accessories for your vehicle. It’s all here under one roof, so come visit us today!