McGrath Kia is your Iowa City area Kia dealership, and we have a great selection of new and used vehicles in stock now and ready to test drive. We carry all of the latest 2012 and 2013 Kia models, including the most popular choices such as the Forte, Optima, Rio and Soul. We also have an onsite service and parts departments available to serve you. Our friendly staff is always here to help you with the best advice possible, and today we’d like to tell you about how important safety is for your teen drivers.
Facts About Teen Driving
- Car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens in the United States
- Around 35,000 teenagers have died in car accidents in the past five years, around 6,000 per year and 18 per day.
- Nearly 65% of teen passenger deaths occur when another teenager is driving.
- Texting while driving increase the likelihood of an accident about 4 times.
- Teen drivers are the least likely of all drivers to wear their seat belt.
- Over 90% of teen drivers admit to multitasking while driving, and say it distracts them.
- 75% of teens also admit to texting while driving.
- Over half of teenage deaths from car accidents occur on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with Saturday being the deadliest day of the week for teen drivers.
- Deadly accidents involving teens occur more frequently during summer months, including June, July and August.
At McGrath Kia, we carry a great selection of brand new and used Kia vehicles, including the Soul and Optima. Both the Soul and Optima have been named “Top Safety Picks” by the IIHS for their excellent performance in moderate overlap front, side, rollover, and rear crash tests. Stop by today for more information about the safety ratings of any of our new or used vehicles.
Visit McGrath Kia Today
McGrath Kia is just a quick forty minute drive from Iowa City and has a huge inventory of new and used vehicles available now, including the safest vehicles on the market. Don’t hesitate to contact us today if you have any questions or comments. We look forward to hearing from you!