The main reason that drivers consider Pat McGrath one of the most trusted Kia dealerships near Cedar Rapids is because we care about our customers. We understand that safety is very important when behind a wheel of a vehicle and should be everyone’s top priority; that’s why we not only want to provide you with the best car, but also the best driving tips.
For teen drivers, we understand that getting that license is pure freedom. However, freedom does mean you have more responsibility. Here are some general tips to help all those teens new to the road stay safe and drive properly.
Some Tips to Remember
- Don’t speed. Going past the speed limit is the leading cause of death in teen accidents.
- Yellow means slow down, not speed up.
- Always look before proceeding into an intersection.
- Switch on your turn signal early enough to give the drivers behind you a clear warning.
- Pull over to talk on the phone. You’re four times more likely to get into an accident if you talk while driving.
- Make sure to keep up with your car’s maintenance schedule. If you notice a strange noise with the engine, get a professional to check it out before you end up stranded.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Focusing your eyes on the radio and not the road can lead you into a fender bender because you didn’t see the driver ahead brake in time.
- Be careful with cruise control; having your speed set for you can encourage you to get too comfortable in the driver’s seat. Make sure you know to switch it off quickly in case you spot trouble ahead.
- If it snowed heavily while your car was parked, check the exhaust pipe before starting the car in case snow clogged it. Some teens have died because of carbon monoxide poisoning in their car.
- Clean your windshield if you see certain streaks or dark spots. Poor visibility could be the reason for your next accident.
- Make sure you have enough gas before your next big trip.
- Before putting your car in reverse, make sure the garage door is completely open.
Visit McGrath Kia for all Auto Needs
Remember the old adage: “Don’t drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car.” For all your auto needs, visit McGrath dealership. Our sales department can help you discover the best deal that fits your finances and our service department can fix up and get your car in top-notch shape. Get directions and hours here and we hope to see you soon!